The Greatest Smiles on Earth Proud to be Open with COVID-19 Precautions
Oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups are essential for maintaining general health, in the mouth and body. If left untreated, oral health problems negatively affect the teeth long-term but also risk all other aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a severe impact on oral health in 2020, disrupting dentistry services and access to oral health care globally. Covid-19 spreads mainly through droplets, which people spray into the air when they talk, sneeze, or cough. Dental healthcare requires close interaction, so these procedures may cause the inadvertent spraying of saliva and water droplets that could carry the virus.
As the best pediatric dentist Worthington, OH, can provide, The Greatest Smiles on Earth is proud to be open with strict Covid-19 precautions to minimize transmission risk.
The Greatest Smiles on Earth COVID-19 Precautions
Our clinic continues to offer top-notch dental services during the coronavirus pandemic without exposing patients and staff to the virus.
- Screening all visitors and patients for symptoms, including temperature checks
- Removing frequently touched items, like magazines and toys, from the reception area to minimize the risk of surface contamination
- Ensuring that all staff members wear facial masks
- Ensuring that every patient and visitor wears facial coverage in the reception area
- Controlling patient access and seating in the reception room to maintain safe social distancing
- Discouraging parents or siblings from accompanying patients into the dental operatory to prevent unnecessary contamination of sanitized surfaces
- Thorough cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization of all dental operatory surfaces after every patient
- Ensuring sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE) for all employees at no additional cost to the patients
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces in the reception area throughout the day
- Prohibiting patient toothbrushing at the sinks to avert the risk of virus transmission through saliva or water droplets
- Setting up more hand sanitizing stations across the office
- Continuously monitoring federal, state, and local infection control guidelines to stay current with coronavirus protocols
Patient Scheduling at The Greatest Smiles on Earth
Patients may access elective dental services at the Greatest Smiles on Earth during the pandemic, but with a few restrictions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
The clinic allows more time between patients to ensure proper sanitization of the dental operatory, for example. There’s also less flexibility in appointment scheduling to promote safe social distancing.
Dr. Tom Becher encourages patients to be time conscious, as they will need to undergo pre-appointment health evaluations before proceeding. Late arrivals may need to reschedule their appointments.
The Greatest Smiles on Earth advises patients with COVID-19 symptoms against scheduling elective dental procedures. Only healthy, uncompromised patients are eligible for treatment to uphold the health and safety of the other patients and the staff on the front lines.
Learn More about The Greatest Smiles on Earth
If you need the most reliable dentist Worthington, OH, has to offer during a global pandemic, The Greatest Smiles on Earth is it. Our professionals are Worthington, Ohio’s premier providers of pediatric and orthodontic dental care. Schedule a consultation with our experienced dental team today.