Dental Emergencies for Kids in Worthington, OH
Parents that need a dentist to help treat dental emergencies for kids in Worthington, OH can get the care they need at Greatest Smiles On Earth. they specialize in pediatric dentistry, ensuring that kids can get access to top-quality care from a young age and learn proper dental hygiene habits.
Dental emergencies are scary for kids and parents alike. Being able to get immediate treatment will not only help alleviate any pain and help maintain a young patient’s dental health, but it will also help soothe any stress the child and parent are experiencing due to the emergency. Having a dentist readily available to help with dental emergencies for kids is the key to achieving this.
Dental emergencies can happen at any time and the staff at Greatest Smiles On Earth want to be able to meet young patients’ needs as these emergencies occur. Some examples of potential dental emergencies are highlighted below, along with steps to take to help soothe pain and discomfort until the patient can see a dentist:
- Toothache: If a child is experiencing a toothache, they should be brought to see a dentist quickly, who will then be able to determine the cause and how to treat it.
- Broken or chipped tooth: If a child has a broken or chipped tooth, they should be taken to the dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, they can use a cold compress to help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Knocked-out tooth: A knocked-out tooth can potentially be put back into a patient’s tooth socket. If the tooth is missing entirely, then a dentist will help find a way to replace it. Either way, the patient should be brought to a dentist immediately.
- Orthodontic emergencies: Younger patients wearing braces may experience a rubber band or bracket coming loose or going missing. When this happens, the patient should be brought in for treatment as soon as possible.
- Bitten lip or tongue: A severe bite should be taken immediately. However, it is common to accidentally bite one’s tongue or lip, so it is important to monitor the severity of the injury.
- Other dental emergencies: Some emergencies may require additional visits to fully treat the issue. Injuries like a jaw fracture will require the help of a surgeon. These kinds of emergencies should be treated at a hospital if a dentist is unavailable to help immediately.
At this time, dental emergencies for kids can be treated by the dentists at Greatest Smiles On Earth. Details about dental emergency services for kids can be found on their website or by contacting their office.
Located in Worthington, OH, the Greatest Smiles On Earth serves the Columbus, Clintonville, Dublin, Westerville, and Worthington areas of Ohio. They focus primarily on pediatric dentistry. they perform a variety of pediatric dentistry, like fillings, mouth guards, teeth whitening, orthodontics, and more.
Distribution Links +